We work with you on a personal level to determine the best solutions for your unique needs, then leverage our seasoned expertise to achieve the best possible results.


We are your trusted partner in success. Our firm is large enough to offer a full range of professional services at a fair price, but small enough to give you the individual attention that you deserve.


Rest assured that when a need arises, our firm is ready and capable to handle everything for you so you can focus on what matters most to you.

Rick Wagner, EA CFP ®

Rick Wagner was born and raised in the Midwest where he spent over 20 years as a financial executive in the leasing and healthcare industries. In 1998, his business portfolio expanded to include financial services.

Rick holds an MBA from Mercer University and has passed the uniformed CPA exam. In addition, he is a Certified Financial Planner®, an Enrolled Agent and a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™. He has enjoyed providing clients with quality tax and financial services for over 10 years and takes great pride in helping his clients identify and reach their financial goals and objectives. Rick is also a member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants and the California Society of Tax Consultants.

WHAT IS AN Enrolled Agent,  EA

An enrolled agent (EA) is a federally-authorized tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service for audits, collections, and appeals. Enrolled agents are not restricted as to which taxpayer they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, or which offices they can practice before.

“Enrolled” means to be licensed to practice by the federal government, and “Agent” means authorized to appear in the place of the taxpayer at the IRS. Only Enrolled Agents, attorneys, and CPA’s may represent taxpayers before the IRS.

The license is earned in one of two ways. You can become an enrolled agent by demonstrating special competence in tax matters by taking and passing a written examination and passing a rigorous background check conducted by the IRS. One can also become an enrolled agent by having worked for the Internal Revenue Service for at least five years in a position which regularly interpreted and applied the tax code and its regulations.

In addition to the stringent testing and application process, the IRS requires Enrolled Agents to complete 72 hours of continuing professional education every three years to maintain their status as an Enrolled Agent.

Only Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS. Unlike attorneys and CPA’s, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all Enrolled Agents specialize in taxation. Enrolled Agents are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice from the U.S. government (CPAs and attorneys are licensed by the states).

“Enrolled Agents are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice from the U.S. government. “